Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So we're different, whats wrong with that?

I take pride in my belief, a LOT of pride. so i ask: How many kids or people are bothered about being catholic? islamic? methodist? Why arent they bothered when we sit here getting a beating? I ask these questions all the time when someone looks at me weird because I tell them I dont swear, or when I tell them that I hold to my word that I won't date until sixteen, or even that I go to church every sunday!!! I ask myself that whenever the person next to me in class calls me "a little saint".

But do I really get bothered by it? Do I REALLY??? I ask these too. Then after I am done being sad, I think about my pride of what I believe. I just think to myself, I believe it, its true....I believe it, its true......I love this gospel.....I love this gospel.......

Now that I think about it, all those times that I was teased, all those times when anyone was hurt -physically or emotionally-, and all those times that the saints were driven farther and farther west, that really the reason for all of this is that we are the chosen generation. We are the last ones. We hold the responsibility of bringing the people of the world to the church. These things happen to us so that we can get the strength to perservier, to keep going, to know that the lord is not really forsaking us. So any of you who falter every time someone gives you that sideways glance, just remember-you better believe the gospel because it is true, through and through!!

1 comment:

Sarie said...

YOu remind me so much of myself at your age! Every single time I read this, I just go, wow, that is so ME. You're awesome Bethany. I love ya.